[Soot-list] Problem with soot classpath

Eduardo S. Cordeiro cordeiro at dcc.ufmg.br
Tue Jan 10 19:45:46 EST 2006

Hello there,

I am used to using the Dava decompiler via the Soot framework
successfully with JDK1.4, but when I get to machines where JDK1.5 is
installed, I get a RuntimeException warning me that javax.crypto.Cipher
couldn't be found. I then add $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/jce.jar to the
classpath, but I get the same exception, only this time with the message:

"couldn't find class: and (is your soot-classpath set properly?)"

But since it won't say the names of missing classes, I am unable to fix
this...what can I be doing wrong? (details on the command used below)

Regards,

Eduardo Cordeiro

PS.: details

My command to invoke the Dava decompiler is as follows:
java soot.Main --keep-line-number -cp . --f dava -d
[path-to-folder]\sootOutput techreptests.Main

I am running this in a bin folder, and under it is the folder
techreptests containing several class files, including Main.class, which
I am trying to decompile. The full stack trace is:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn't find
class: and (is your soot-class-path set properly?)
    at soot.SootResolver.bringToHierarchy(SootResolver.java:139)
    at soot.SootResolver.bringToSignatures(SootResolver.java:172)
    at soot.SootResolver.bringToBodies(SootResolver.java:214)
    at soot.SootResolver.processResolveWorklist(SootResolver.java:100)
    at soot.SootResolver.resolveClass(SootResolver.java:89)
    at soot.Scene.loadClass(Scene.java:329)
    at soot.Scene.loadClassAndSupport(Scene.java:314)
    at soot.Scene.loadNecessaryClass(Scene.java:861)
    at soot.Scene.loadNecessaryClasses(Scene.java:880)
    at soot.Main.run(Main.java:177)
    at soot.Main.main(Main.java:153)