[Soot-list] CFL Reachability with Jedd

Saswat Anand saswat at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 17 17:36:35 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a high-level question about Jedd and Paddle after reading
Ondrej's thesis. I would be appreciate it very much if somebody could
clarify my doubt.

Context-sensitive analyzes can be formulated as Context-free language
(CFL) reachability problem. And a CFL formulation can be transformed to
a logic program, ie. in terms of relation and operations over them, and
which I think can then be solved using Jedd. But as far I understand, in
paddle context-sensitive points-to analysis is not formulated as CFL
reachability problem, or its logic program counterpart, which was what I
expected before starting to read the thesis. So I was wondering if my
understanding is incorrect, or Jedd  cannot solve CFL problems (which
may be because it assumes some constraints on the relations), or paddle
just intentionally takes another approach to context-sensitivity. I am
curious because I want to solve a CFL reachability problem, and was
planning to use Jedd to solve it.

Thanks,
Saswat