[Soot-list] No active body

Eduardo S. Cordeiro cordeiro at dcc.ufmg.br
Thu Jan 19 12:00:46 EST 2006

Hello there,

I have followed the "createclass" example with no difficulties and read
on the "On the Soot menagerie" tutorial. In my program, I was trying to
remove some methods from a class loaded by Soot, via the
SootClass.removeMethod(SootMethod) method. When I tried to write the
class to Jimple format (using the code provided as part of the
"createclass" example), I got a RuntimeException on method
Printer.printTo saying that there is "no active body for method <init>".
Using Jasmin to write a class file also produces this error.

I thought this might have been something wrong in my method-deletion
code, so I removed it. The program thus simply loads a given class and
tries to write that class back to file with no changes, but I still get
the same error. Further investigation shows that apparently ALL methods
have no active body after the class is loaded by Soot (via
Scene.v().loadClassAndSupport(String)).

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Eduardo Cordeiro

PS.: I am using the Soot, Jasmin and Polyglot classes provided on the
Soot Eclipse plugin version 2.2.2 in my classpath