[Soot-list] Is there anybody taking care of Soot bug reports?

Chris Pickett cpicke at cs.mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 2 14:06:43 EDT 2006

Hi Sunny,

I'd like to point out that generally bug-fixing works as follows:

1) file bugs when you encounter them
2) wait until somebody has had the time to fix them
3a) fix arrives, hurray
3b) no fix, you've waited too long and it's blocking your research, so
you dive into the Soot source code and try to fix it yourself, then you
contribute a patch back for others to use.

In fact, speaking from my own experience, I'd say that for many open
source projects 3b can be much less painful than relying on others.
It's also much more fun!  Anyway, thank-you for taking the time to
document your problems.

Cheers,
Chris