[Soot-list] "grammar" for generated Jimple?

David Glasser glasser at mit.edu
Sun Jun 18 23:49:25 EDT 2006

Is there any sort of "grammar" for Jimple (or Shimple) that is
generated by Soot? I don't mean for parsing files; I merely mean what
sorts of Stmts and Exprs it will make. I am working on an analysis
tool that operates on Shimple, and it would be nice to know what sorts
of special cases I need to deal with. For example, I've never seen it
generate

  a.b = c.d

but only

  x = c.d
  a.b = x

Is there anywhere I can look that will let me conclude with confidence
that my analysis won't need to deal with the former sort of Stmt?

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser at mit.edu | http://www.davidglasser.net/