[Soot-list] SootClass.hasSuperClass()

Andy Maule a.maule at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 2 09:18:12 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm doing some analysis and using the SootClass.hasSuperClass() method.
Unfortunatley I can't quite figure out why I'm getting the following error
on some classes.

	Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: This
operation requires resolving level HIERARCHY 	but
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException is at resolving level DANGLING
     	at soot.SootClass.checkLevel(SootClass.java:126)
     	at soot.SootClass.hasSuperclass(SootClass.java:715)

It only occurs for some classes. java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
is an example of a class that causes this problem.

Should I file this as a bug? I'm afraid I'm not really familiar enough with
soot to know whether this is a genuine bug, or something that I'm simply
doing wrong.

Thanks

Andy Maule