[Soot-list] Major Dava Commit

Nomair A. Naeem nomair.naeem at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 21 21:41:36 EST 2006

Hi all
   I just did a major Dava commit to Soot. Included are the following:

   1 Dava bug fixes (copy propagation was eating away some variables which
shouldnt have been eaten)

   2 A hook into Dava from the PackManager to perform interprocedural
analyses

   3 An interprocedural analysis to detect Constant valued fields (fields
which are never assigned a value and hence get default...or fields
which are always assigned the default value)

   4 Using 2 and 3 to implement constant propagation flow analysis
   5 Using constant propagation flow analysis to simplify expressions
   6 Simplifying conditions (DeMorgans law and other heuristics)
   7 Useless Label and labeled blocks removing
   8 Some miscellaneous improvements.

   If you dont want these fancy analyses and would rather have the
previous dava then you can turn off the interprocedural analyses by
using the flag
-p db.deobfuscate enabled:false. (By default this is set to true).

  Feel free to test the new dava. I have tried my best to do unit testing
for the new analyses. However, if there are any bugs specially decompile
and then recompile  bugs please add them to the soot bugzilla or email
me.

Cheers
Nomair

P.S. Laurie could you forward this to the abc list if you think it would
be useful for them.