[Soot-list] How can I avoid the java.lang.VerifyError?

mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon May 8 17:39:48 EDT 2006

First, as an aside, ArrayList is acceptable in place of a Vector since
Soot is single-threaded. It is a good habit to use these non-synchronized
lists to improve performance.

Secondly, you are getting the verify error because you are trying to use
the local varible before it is assigned a value (which is illegal in
Java). If you want a print out of this, you could do something like
reportLocal(enclosingObj, "unitialized") to explicitly state this.

I'm unclear on a good solution to the two jimple local types.. hopefully
someone else will chime in.

Michael