[Soot-list] canStoreType bug?

Saswat Anand saswat at cc.gatech.edu
Tue May 16 11:57:29 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am using boolean canStoreType(Type child, Type parent) method from
soot.FastHierarchy class. I get an ClassCastException when
child-type is NullType and parent-type is not NullType. The code does
not check for this case, and thus tries to cast child-type to ArrayType.

I am wondering if it is a bug, and in this case should this method
return true?

Minor point: Apparently this method expects both child-type and
parent-type to be instanceof RefLikeType. So it may make sense to change
the signartures to reflect that?

Thanks,
Saswat