[Soot-list] A little lost, whole program analysis!

Alan Ryan alan.ryan at gmail.com
Thu May 18 18:45:26 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Firstly please excuse my poor terminology, I have being getting to grips
with compiler analysis on my own for the past few months.

I need to track object/varibale usage at a fine level for my thesis, I wan't
to use Soot to perform a whole program flow analysis yielding a resulting
set detailing at which program point, which  variables have been decalred or
modified.

So for example, I might ask 'if I stop my application at point X, which
variables have been declared/modified?'

I have been following the localdefs / simplelivelocals examples that showed
me how to implement something like this intRA-procedurally, but I reckon
that I need to to do a interprocedural analysis?  I also looked at the
RectangularArrayFinder, BranchedRefVarsAnalysis and
ArrayIndexLivenessAnalysis to see if I could get a starting point but I
think I lack a  thorough enough understaning of compiler analysis to
implement this.

Any tips, pointers, RTFM's etc... greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan