[Soot-list] soot

Peng Li lipeng360 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 19:30:10 EDT 2006

Hi,
I am writing a program to translate a very simple class helloworld.class to
helloworld.jimple, the helloworld.class is under the C:\workspace\translator
directory,  but the eclipse always gave me the mistake of "couldn't find
class: helloworld.class (is your soot-class-path set properly?)" whatever I
tried different input parameter for setSootClassPath(). Could anyone give me
some suggestion? appreciated your help. My code is as following,

import soot.*;
import soot.options.Options;
import java.io.*;
public class ClassToJimple {
 public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException
 {
  Scene.v().setSootClassPath("C:/workspace/translator/");
  SootClass c = Scene.v().loadClassAndSupport("helloworld.class");
  String fileName = SourceLocator.v().getFileNameFor(c,
Options.output_format_jimple);
     OutputStream streamOut = new FileOutputStream(fileName);
     PrintWriter writerOut = new PrintWriter(
                                 new OutputStreamWriter(streamOut));
     Printer.v().printTo(c, writerOut);
     writerOut.flush();
     streamOut.close();