[Soot-list] paddle results in soot

Raul Santelices raul at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 25 16:28:35 EDT 2006

Ondrej Lhotak wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 03:15:24PM -0400, Raul Santelices wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>  I am trying to access the contexts for an instance field, as computed
>> by paddle with object-sensitive analysis. I use
>> Scene.v().getPointsToAnalysis().reachingObjects(SootField). I cast the
>> resulting PointsToSet to PointsToSetReadOnly (a paddle class), which
>> provides the forall method to visit all ContextAllocNodes (pairs
>> context-node) associated to the points-to set. Unfortunately, all
>> ContextAllocNodes have a null context, and only the node (pointed object
>> named after its creation site) is non-null.
>>  So, is it possible to retrieve contexts in Java without having to
>> write BDD queries in Jedd?
>>

> By default, only pointer variables (VarNodes) are modelled
> context-sensitively. The context-heap option to Paddle causes it to also
> model heap objects (AllocNodes) context-sensitively. Are you using the
> context-heap option?

No, I wasn't. I turned it on, and now I get contexts for allocation sites.

What I am really looking for is to list the contexts of a pointer
variable, and obtain the points-to set of that var for each context. For
object-sensitivity level 1, it seems that I can call getBase() on the
InstanceFieldRef and obtain the (level 0) points-to set for that Local,
right?

(how do I find a context for k > 1, by the way?)

Thanks,
Raul