[Soot-list] Paddle setup problem

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 28 08:05:50 EDT 2006

Hello.

Are you using whole program mode? (-w option) If not, Soot does not resolve classes fully which are "just" on your classpath.

> before calling Soot.Main . However when I add this line Soot.Main
> throws an exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn't find
> class: javax.crypto.Cipher (is your soot-class-path set properly?) at
> soot.SootResolver.bringToHierarchy(SootResolver.java:139)

This is somewhat strange. They should be using the same resolver, actually. I have no idea about this one. I can only recommend checking your classpath again. You can try "javap -cp <yourclasspath> javax.crypto.Cipher" to see if it's correct.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group, McGill University
Montréal, Québec, Canada