[Soot-list] Re(de)compilation of unmodified .class files

Barthelemy Dagenais barthed at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:15:26 EDT 2007

 > Also Bart (one of Martin's students) is currently looking into a way
 > of having Soot do partial Jimplification somehow. But I don't know any
 > details. Maybe he is reading this...

Yes, but it's only working for source files and I'm not sure that it would solve
Mario's problem since all non-resolved classes (ex: B) would be considered
phantom classes after jimplification.

For the record, if class A refers to class B and the user only provides the
source of class A, Soot would 1) try to infer the correct binding for calls to B
in A, 2) jimplify class A, 3) consider B to be a phantom class.

Obviously, work is at the alpha stage and not even in the soot svn repository...

Barthélémy