[Soot-list] External libs

Xinyu Liu xl3t at cs.virginia.edu
Tue Apr 17 00:18:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

I was trying to use SOOT to compile a java file with external jar libs but
failed. I used the command:

soot.Main -f jimple -cp
C:\javalibs;C:\javalibs\rt.jar;C:\javalibs\jce.jar;c:\javalibs\jsse.jar;c:\j
avalibs\jfreechart.jar;c:\javalibs\jcommon.jar  test16

Among them, jfreechart.jar and jcommon.jar are the external libs.
test16.java is supposed to import org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory class from
jfreechart.jar. The error message I got:

Soot started on Tue Apr 17 00:02:35 EDT 2007

test16.java: Class "org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory" not found.

compilation failed: Could not compile

Actually org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory is in jfreechart.jar. And it worked
fine when I had no external libs but only used classes from rt.jar, jce.jar
or jsse.jar. Could you please let me know how to load external libs into
SOOT? Thank you very much.

Xinyu