[Soot-list] [Paddle] Is this a bug of ContextStringNumberer?

MAEDA Naoto n-maeda at bp.jp.nec.com
Fri Aug 3 06:26:07 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am wondering whether this is a bug of Paddle or not.

At line 54 in get(Object) method defined in ContextStringNumberer, which
is  obtained from the SVN repository, variable ret is defined as int. Is
it better to define this variable as long?

Value to be stored in the variable, which corresponds to a context
string passed as a parameter, might exceed 32bit when the number of
invocation sites is quite large. Bit size of StmtDomain is 18 as
default. then if k=2 cfa, it seems to require 36bit at most.

I encountered some strange behavior when applying 2cfa analysis on
jedit2.4pre1-3, sablecc2.18.2, and some of dacapo beta suites. It seems
to be fixed by defining the variable as long.

Finally, I would like to say thank you for providing these tools.
--
  MAEDA Naoto, Common Platform Software Research Laboratories, NEC