[Soot-list] Exception: This operation requires resolving level ......

Nitin Goel ernitingoel at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:41:23 EST 2007

Hi,

After successfully printing the jimple for my following test class, when I
want to iterate over the statment

public class Test123 {
    public Test123() {
        try {
            System.out.println("test program");
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();

I am getting the following exception while calling the API
Hierarchy.resolveAbstractDispatch(SootClass, SootMethod)

java.lang.RuntimeException: This operation requires resolving level
SIGNATURES but java.lang.CloneNotSupportedException is at resolving level
HIERARCHY
	at soot.SootClass.checkLevel(SootClass.java:126)
	at soot.SootClass.declaresMethod(SootClass.java:337)
	at soot.Hierarchy.resolveConcreteDispatch(Hierarchy.java:507)
	at soot.Hierarchy.resolveAbstractDispatch(Hierarchy.java:566)

Based on the previous threads of this type of error when I have tried to
expilictly load java.lang.CloneNotSupportedException using the following
statement

SootResolver.v().resolveClass("java.lang.CloneNotSupportedException",
SootClass.SIGNATURES);

I was getting the same error for java.lang.InterruptedException class. I
have also tried to load java.lang.CloneNotSupportedException class
explictly, however I was getting the same exception for
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException then and so on for different classes.

However if I remove e.printStackTrace() statement from my test class then I
am not getting this exception.

Could you please help me out to find out what I am missing here?

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Goel