[Soot-list] <kein Betreff>

Ondrej Lhotak olhotak at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 9 09:14:59 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 12:36:18PM +0100, Dirk Richter wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I plan to write/use some program analysis while transforming java into an own language. Perhaps you can give me a suggestion to use other tools then soot..
>
> Jennifer Lhotak has commited on revision 2229 in the svn repository of soot a Java 1.5 compatibility. There also is a paper available on this. But it seems that these changes are reverted on revision 2233. My 1st question now is: can i use SOOT to analyse Java 1.5 or 1.6 bytecode/sourcecode?

The Java 1.5 frontend is available in Subversion at:
https://svn.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/soot/branches/jlcj/
It was kept out of the Soot trunk, and has not been maintained since
Jennifer finished working on Soot in late 2005, but the code is there
should anyone wish to adopt it.

> 2nd: on http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/eclipse/updates/ there is only an old eclipse plugin available (version 2.2.2, but soot is version 2.2.3). Would it be better to check out a current version from your svn server? I would prefer a plugin running with eclipse 3.3M4 during implementation of program analysis and later on for automation a stand alone version for exporting the analysis results to xml.
>
> 3rd: I saw in the svn log some new implementions of program analysis. Where i can get a current list and descriptions of such available analysis? Very interesting for me are kinds of Value- and Points-To-Analysis.

The two big points-to analysis frameworks in Soot are Spark and Paddle.
A good place to start reading about them are my master's and PhD theses,
available at:
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/publications/#theses