[Soot-list] How to get the sootClass from the type

Ondrej Lhotak olhotak at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 9 09:18:19 EST 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 03:00:21PM +1100, Peng Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a bunch of allocNodes and want to find out their super classes.
> I could get the type of the allocNode,
> however soot.type doesn't have a method to get its super type. I find
> that sootClass has a method to return
> its super. So is there anyway I could map a soot.type to a
> soot.sootClass or is there other ways to work out
> super type from a type object.

Type can represent types other than classes, such as primitive types
or arrays, which do not have a uniquely defined superclass. If you know
for sure that you have a class type, it will be of type RefType. You can
cast it to RefType, which has a getSootClass method, which then has a
getSuperclass method.