[Soot-list] Jedd Issues

Ondrej Lhotak olhotak at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 9 09:21:48 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 11:17:12AM +0000, Richard Warburton wrote:
> I am sorry to email this to the soot list, but I couldn't find any
> jedd list, newsgroup or forum, so here we are.  I am having issues
> compiling a trivial jedd program, which is a test to make sure that I
> have configured jedd correctly, apologies in advance if I have done
> something brain dead.
>
> The test class I am trying to compile is:
>
> public class test {
> 	public static void main(String[] args) {
> 		Jedd.v().setBackend( args[0] );
> 		<A:phys> rel = 1B;
>         }
> }
>
> I have created a physical domain called phys, an an attribute called A
> and a Domain called Field, as well as using the IntegerNumberer from
> the test example in the jedd distribution.  I have placed each of the
> these in subdirectories as named in the example.  I am using the
> latest jedd and polyglot distributions (0.3 and 1.3.2 respectively)
> from the binary linux distribution of jedd.  I am using zchaff as my
> sat solver and I'm running RHEL 4.  When I try to compile this program
> I get the following exception stack:

> 	at polyglot.ext.jedd.types.PhysDom.recordPhys(PhysDom.java:885)
> 	at polyglot.ext.jedd.types.PhysDom.findAssignment(PhysDom.java:357)
> 	at
> 	polyglot.ext.jedd.types.JeddTypeSystem_c.physicalDomains(JeddTypeSystem_c.java:92)
> 	at polyglot.ext.jedd.PrintDomainsPass.run(PrintDomainsPass.java:49)
> 	at
> 	polyglot.frontend.AbstractExtensionInfo.runPass(AbstractExtensionInfo.java:307)
> 	at
> 	polyglot.frontend.AbstractExtensionInfo.runToPass(AbstractExtensionInfo.java:227)
> 	at
> 	polyglot.frontend.AbstractExtensionInfo.runAllPasses(AbstractExtensionInfo.java:194)
> 	at
> 	polyglot.frontend.AbstractExtensionInfo.runToCompletion(AbstractExtensionInfo.java:109)
> 	at polyglot.frontend.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:95)
> 	at polyglot.main.Main.start(Main.java:100)
> 	at polyglot.main.Main.start(Main.java:65)
> 	at polyglot.main.Main.main(Main.java:223)
> 	at jedd.Main.main(Main.java:50)
>
> I was initially trying to compile more complex jedd programs, but when
> I reduced it to the above trivial program I concluded there must be
> something wrong with the way I have setup jedd.  Does anyone have any
> helpful suggestions as to what to try next?

Do you have A and phys defined? That is, do you have classes called A
and phys? You need those. An explanation of how to define them is in
section 3.3.2 of my PhD thesis, available at:
http://plg.uwaterloo.ca/~olhotak/pubs/thesis-olhotak-phd.ps

A full working Jedd example comes with Jedd in the directory
examples/pointsto