FW: [Soot-list] Exception: This operation requires resolvinglevel......

Nitin Goel ernitingoel at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 13:01:27 EST 2007

Hi Eric,

I am using Soot API directy in my Java program. I am calling
Hierarchy.resolveAbstractDispatch(SootClass, SootMethod) from there itself.

As mentioned in
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2006-May/000685.html, I have
also tried to call

SootResolver.v().resolveClass("java.lang.CloneNotSupportedException",
SootClass.SIGNATURES)

however it has not helped me as well. After calling the above API, I was
getting the following error

java.lang.RuntimeException: This operation requires resolving level
SIGNATURES but java.lang.InterruptedException is at resolving level
HIERARCHY
	at soot.SootClass.checkLevel(SootClass.java:126)
	at soot.SootClass.declaresMethod(SootClass.java:337)
	at soot.Hierarchy.resolveConcreteDispatch(Hierarchy.java:507)
	at soot.Hierarchy.resolveAbstractDispatch(Hierarchy.java:566)

I am also calling

Scene.v().loadNecessaryClasses();

to load the necessary class. I guess java.lang.CloneNotSupportedException
class should be loaded by calling the above API, as it is one of the
necessary class. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Goel