[Soot-list] JBCO command line options/problems.

mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 16 16:15:41 EDT 2007

> I would like to output an obfuscated .jar file or two obfuscated .class
> files that I can put back into a jar file.

I have never tried the built-in soot "-output-jar" option myself in all my
time writing JBCO, but I assume it may work. Just give it a try.
Otherwise, the default output should be class files.. I never had to
specify this explicitly.. but it shouldn't hurt to add it ("-f c", as I
see you have included).

> Even though I've set the -d switch and -f c switch they seem to be being
> ignored.

This is strange, and I am not sure what is going on. The best way to find
out is to debug the program, of course.. I will look into things and get
back to you.

> Incidentally, when I try and use the 'help' switch:
> java soot.jbco.Main -help or java soot.jbco.Main -help I don't get
> anything useful just:

The JBCO help command is "-jbco:help". For further information, try
Chapter 8 of my thesis (specifically 8.1, the JBCO User Interface), which
can be found here:

http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/publications/thesis/#michaelsMastersThesis

Michael