[Soot-list] Jimple Help

John Chaitanya Kati johnkati at cse.iitb.ac.in
Mon Mar 5 10:17:31 EST 2007

Hi everyone,
 	   I need a help regarding jimple intermediate format.
in my program if there is a call i = add(5,6); and if i is not used after
that, then the corresponding jimple statement is "staticinvoke
<Test: int add(int,int)>(5, 6);"
but if i is used later like i = add(5,6); k=i; then the corresponding
jimple statement is i0 = staticinvoke <Test: int add(int,int)>(5, 6);

I dont want this optimization to happen. I mean when i call i = add(5,6) i
want the statement to be i0 = staticinvoke <Test: int add(int,int)>(5, 6);
irespective of whether i is used further or not. Can anybody help me in
this?

--
Thanks in advance
John Chaitanya