[Soot-list] Creating/Accessing Data Dependency Graphs?

Richard L. Halpert richardlhalpert at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:17:08 EDT 2007

It would be helpful if you could be more specific, as there are different
kinds of data dependencies... what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

You may be able to calculate whatever it is that you're interested in using
Def-Use and Use-Def chains.  If so, take a look at
soot.toolkits.scalar.{SimpleLocalUses, SmartLocalDefs}.

If you're interested in Information Flow, you should look at Ahmer
Ahmedani's masters thesis "Information flow in a Java intermediate
language<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/publications/thesis/#ahmerMastersThesis>".
His work, I believe, is based on Soot.

I'm also doing some experimental work relating to finding data dependencies
between threads, and also, as a subanalysis for this, summarizing
information flow within a method.  If this is what you're looking for then
we should talk about this in more detail.  The code is still likely to
undergo some pretty large changes, and it also contains some unsound
approximations in its current form, so its suitability for your purposes
will depend on exactly what it is that you're trying to calculate.

-Richard