[Soot-list] outputting Jimple and class files simultaneously

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri May 4 22:21:48 EDT 2007

Hi, Raul.

No, unfortunately there is no such support built-in right now. But the
following might maybe work (in order to generate Jimple in addition to
the standard output selected on the command line):

//store old format
int oldOutputFormat = Options.v().getOutputFormat();
//set to Jimple
Options.v().setOutputFormat(Options.output_format_jimple);
//write output
PackManager.v().writeOutput();
//reset
Options.v().setOutputFormat(oldOutputFormat);
//let Soot do the rest...

You would just have to hook that into the right place, i.e. after all
other transformations are done.

Eric

On 04/05/07, Raul Santelices <raul at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>   The -f option allows me to choose what kind of output I want. However,
> I can select only one type of output at a time. Is there a clean way to
> generate both class and Jimple files?  (short of running soot later
> again to transform between class and Jimple)
>
> Thanks,
> Raul

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group