[Soot-list] Problem with classpath / J2ME

Marco Kaufmann marco5327 at yahoo.de
Thu May 24 01:55:26 EDT 2007

>  //  hack for J2ME library, reported by Stephen Cheng
>    if (!G.v().isJ2ME) {
>      typeVariable(hierarchy.CLONEABLE);
>      typeVariable(hierarchy.SERIALIZABLE);
>    }

  OK, just setting isJ2ME = true it works fine now. However, why is this
  field public final and why isn't there a command line option to set it?
  I changed it to public static and added the option "-j2me", which sets
  it true.

  There was still one minor problem, namely line 239:

  resolveClassErrorSet.add(AnySubType.v(Scene.v().getRefType("java.lang.ClassFormatError")));

  in soot.toolkits.exceptions.ThrowableSet throwed a NullPointerException.
  I just outcommented this line and it works, but I hope this won't have
  unwanted side effects?

  Marco