[Soot-list] How to use soot as an effective command line bytecode optimizer

Mark Friedman mark.friedman at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:26:51 EDT 2007

Thanks for all this.  Perhaps I can get guidance from some folks who have
used soot as an optimizer for real applications or benchmarks.  Basically,
it would be nice, as a first cut, to have sets of generally known to be
useful optimizations.  This would be somewhat akin to gcc's optimization
flags.  They have flags to control individual optimizations as well as the
more general -0, -02 and -03 flags which turn on batches of them.

-Mark