[Soot-list] Help with Soot/Indus - retain variable & method names

Fayezin nitrousfiz at googlemail.com
Fri May 25 19:39:37 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to use the Indus Java Slicer (which uses Soot) for Program
Slicing.

Unfortunately, the resulting class file obtained from Indus discards
variable and method name information.
Ironically, that is what I need - variable and method names from the program
slices.

The makers of Indus say that variable and method names are discarded by Soot
which is used inside the Indus slicer.

*Now, I want to know whether there is a way to retain those info and still
use Soot.*

Any help in this matter will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Fayezin