[Soot-list] about SourceLnPosTag

Jauhar Ali jauhar at kfupm.edu.sa
Thu Oct 18 07:23:50 EDT 2007

We have just started using Soot in our research project which deals with
visualizing data structures (dynamically) in Java. Our approach is to
instrument Java code, so that the visualization component get info about
each statement via the instrumented code. The instrumented code is
responsible to pass the info about each statement (say in Jimple) and
the exact location in the source code so that it can be visualized
properly. By setting the KeepLineNumber flag on and taking input from
Java source files, we are able to get the source line number for each
Jimple statement. But we could not get the column positions because the
Jimple statements have not got the SourceLnPosTag attached to them. Is
there any extra switch which needs to be on to get the SourceLnPosTag
attached to Jimple statements?
Thanks,
Jauhar