[Soot-list] How to capture method call?

Alvin Yan feiya200 at cs.uregina.ca
Wed Apr 2 23:17:12 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

I want to go through a method body to capture all method calls like invokestatic, invokevirtual, invokespecial etc.

I currently use Jimple IR. I thought I could just use "if(unit instanceof InvokeStmt)" when I iterating over the unit chain.

But there seems to be other Jimple statements such as JAssignStmt also contain invoke instructions.

So my question is, should I stop using Jimple and switch to another IR so that I can capture method calls more easily or anybody could tell me how much more statements in Jimple could contain a method call?

Thank you

Alvin