[Soot-list] running JBCO in wholeApplicationMode

Paweł Paskudzki pawel_pakuti at op.pl
Mon Apr 7 05:16:16 EDT 2008

Hi I'am trying to run several JBCO transformations (those that set wjtp.jbco_fr and other wjtp JBCO specific params)
and then i wait 5 or more minutes and get outofmemory error

here is an exemplary command i'am trying to execute

-t:wjtp.jbco_cr -app main.Main  -soot-classpath D:\Magisterka\Badania\workspace\WangTest;D:/Magisterka/BCEL/classConstructionKit/bcel-5.2.jar -prepend-classpath

and console output is as fallowing

Whole Program Jimple Transformations:

wjtp.tn default

wjtp.jbco_cr JBCO//Probable reason for error

Jimple Method Body Transformations:

Baf Method Body Transformations:

bb.lso default

bb.pho default

bb.ule default

bb.lp default

Soot started on Mon Apr 07 11:13:19 CEST 2008

No main class given. Inferred 'main.Main' as main class.

[Call Graph] For information on where the call graph may be incomplete, use the verbose option to the cg phase.

//and after some time outofmemory is thrown

On the other hand, when i'am running transformations that have only

wjtp.tn param set everything runs quick and without exceptions.

For example when executing

-t:jtp.jbco_gia -app main.Main  -soot-classpath D:\Magisterka\Badania\workspace\WangTest;D:/Magisterka/BCEL/classConstructionKit/bcel-5.2.jar -prepend-classpath

Console output is as fallows

Whole Program Jimple Transformations:

wjtp.tn default         //no others wjtp parameters set

Jimple Method Body Transformations:

jtp.jbco_gia JBCO

Baf Method Body Transformations:

bb.lso default

bb.pho default

bb.ule default

bb.lp default

Soot started on Mon Apr 07 11:08:16 CEST 2008

Transforming main.Main...

Writing to sootOutput\main\Main.class

Soot finished on Mon Apr 07 11:08:53 CEST 2008

Soot has run for 0 min. 36 sec.

***** JBCO SUMMARY *****

Gotos Instrumented 6

Traps Added 6

***** END SUMMARY *****

Could anybody give me a clue - what is wrong with JBCO wjtp transformations?

Thanks in advance