[Soot-list] instrumenting with soot class by class

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 18 15:30:47 EDT 2008

>  I have contemplated that approach, yet I would find it much more elegant if
> Soot would offer a feature that would take care of this particular issue.
>  I am guessing that more people would be interested in this particular
> performance improvement.

I am not sure. My guess is that most people use Soot for whole program
analysis and not on a file-by-file basis. But nevertheless there may
be some people who have use cases similar to yours.

>  So I am contemplating digging into the internals of Soot in order to see
> whether I can implement this feature.
>  What do you think?

Sure, give it a try and let us know how it works. Depending on
somebody's Ant skills it's probably not harder than writing an Ant
script ;-)

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group
McGill University, Montréal, Canada