[Soot-list] Using Jimple and Grimp in a single pass

Raghavan raghav at rice.edu
Fri Apr 18 16:49:49 EDT 2008

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to use Jimple and Grimp in the same
pass.

Specifically, I am trying to build a whole-program transformation pass. I
have been trying to use Jimple for that. But I feel Grimp would be a better
option since it allows arbitrary tree structure in the code. But then the
problem I have is that I will also need the CallGraph information for the
transformation. I think that's only available with Jimple. (not sure
though)..  I feel this should be possible since the soot internal data
structures are interleaved. I am just not aware of how to get this going,
since I am new to Soot.

Can someone tell me if this is possible? And if so, are there any pointers
were I can look for this?

Thanks in advance,

Raghavan