[Soot-list] Multithreaded soot

Silviu ANDRICA silviu.andrica at epfl.ch
Tue Aug 5 08:44:51 EDT 2008

Hello,
    Thanks very much for all the support you provided me with!
    Now I have another question: can I make the retrieval of a Body from
a SootMethod parallel? meaning that I want to have threads and each one
of them should get the active Body of a different method?
    Or, if this cannot be done, then can I parallelize the building of
CFGs? This latter version I actually tried in practice and I got the
following exception trace:

Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at
java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.checkForComodification(LinkedList.java:761)
    at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.next(LinkedList.java:696)
    at
soot.toolkits.exceptions.ThrowableSet$Manager.registerSetIfNew(ThrowableSet.java:317)
    at
soot.toolkits.exceptions.ThrowableSet$Manager.access$900(ThrowableSet.java:92)
    at soot.toolkits.exceptions.ThrowableSet.add(ThrowableSet.java:842)
    at soot.toolkits.exceptions.ThrowableSet.add(ThrowableSet.java:744)
    at
soot.toolkits.exceptions.UnitThrowAnalysis$UnitSwitch.caseThrowStmt(UnitThrowAnalysis.java:453)
    at soot.jimple.internal.JThrowStmt.apply(JThrowStmt.java:97)
    at
soot.toolkits.exceptions.UnitThrowAnalysis.mightThrow(UnitThrowAnalysis.java:77)
    at
soot.toolkits.graph.ExceptionalUnitGraph.getExceptionDests(ExceptionalUnitGraph.java:799)
    at
soot.toolkits.graph.ExceptionalUnitGraph.buildHeadsAndTails(ExceptionalUnitGraph.java:762)
    at
soot.toolkits.graph.ExceptionalUnitGraph.initialize(ExceptionalUnitGraph.java:284)
    at
soot.toolkits.graph.ExceptionalUnitGraph.<init>(ExceptionalUnitGraph.java:149)
    at
soot.toolkits.graph.ExceptionalUnitGraph.<init>(ExceptionalUnitGraph.java:166)

Best regards,
    Silviu