[Soot-list] one question about "No main class given.Inferred 'helloworld2' as main class."

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 13 09:24:21 EDT 2008

In whole-program mode Soot needs to know which class is the main class
supposed to run your "whole program". If you don't give a class name
with the -main-class option, it simply takes the first it can find and
tells you about it.

Eric

2008/8/13 jiangfan shi <jiangfan.shi at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> When I apply my transformer to my application classes, helloworld.java
> and helloworld2.java, I encountered an warning "No main class
> given.Inferred 'helloworld2' as main class."
>
> My options for soot is following:
>
> java soot.Main --app -w helloworld
>
> ==============the following is helloworld.java==============
>
> public class helloworld {
>        public static void main(String[] args) {
>                System.out.println("hello world");
>                helloworld2 tmp2=new helloworld2();
>                tmp2.processOctetMsg();
>        }
>
>        void open1() {
>        }
>
>         void processOctetMsg(){
>                 System.out.println("processing in h1");
>                 helloworld2 tmp2=new helloworld2();
>                        tmp2.open2();
>        }
> }
> ====================The following is helloworld2.java======================
>

> public class helloworld2 {
>        public static void main(String[] args) {
>                System.out.println("hello world");
>                helloworld tmp=new helloworld();
>                tmp.processOctetMsg();
>        }
>
>        void open2(){
>        }
>
>        void processOctetMsg(){
>                System.out.println("processing in h2");
>                helloworld tmp=new helloworld();
>                tmp.open1();
>        }
> }
>

> Any hints about the soot warning?
>
> Thanks in advance, and I appreciate your answers.
>
> Jiangfan

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group
McGill University, Montréal, Canada