[Soot-list] Re: get java source statements from soot

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 19 08:54:23 EDT 2008

2008/8/19 Gerald Sit <Gerald.Sit at student.cityu.edu.hk>:
> Thanks Eric and Wouter, now I'm able to get some java statements with the line and column information provided from soot. However, it seems there are no tags attached to the definition statement. Also for(...) and while(...) statements are still translated to if(...) and goto statements and only the predicate of those statements could be fetched using the SourceLnPosTag/SourceLnNamePosTag.

Yes that's a known issue. It's because some statements are split into
multiple statements when generating Jimple from source. This
introduces some fuzziness unfortunately.

> Is it possible to get all statements from java sources according to data flow without translating into any IR formats? Thanks again.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "get all statements from java
sources according to data flow". Do you mean all reachable statements
from an entry point, but in a Java AST instead of in Jimple?

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group
McGill University, Montréal, Canada