[Soot-list] use soot in new eclipse plugin

Jian Xu fightmyway at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 06:02:08 EST 2008

Hi:
I do my project using soot analyse java bytecode. Thanks to the powerful
tool --soot, I almost complete the analysing process. My project is about a
small tool as eclipse plugin, so I use soot.jar in my plugin and call the
soot's API. But I find there are some problems. If I use the soot API in
common project include soot.jar in build path, it will be no problem.  But
If I use soot API in my plugin, it throws "couldn't find class: Hello.class
(is your soot-class-path set properly?)" error. I know the classpath will
change when we do RCP&Plugin developing on eclipse, and I research solutions
on Search Engine and I also try to find how soot plugin to solve the
problem. I think the source code is complex I can't find the code which
solving the problem. Somebody can tell me a easy way to use the API we add
soot.jar in common project as we used in plugin?

Regards
Jan