[Soot-list] NullPointerColourer (Eclipse 3.4.1, Soot 2.3.0)

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 3 17:41:29 EST 2008

> Would you be able to explain further why using the polyglot front-end won't allow me to process Java 5 source code please? I'm also assuming that JastAdd and Polyglot are alternatives to translate java into the IR in soot, is that correct?

Yes, that's correct. The point is just that nobody ever went through
the painful process of extending the polyglot-based frontend to make
it support Java 5 syntax. Instead we "inherited" a JastAdd based
frontend that Torbjorn Ekman developed for the AspectBench Compiler.
This frontend supported Java 5 from the start.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group, McGill University, Montréal, Canada
Got an interesting job offer? http://www.bodden.de/hire-me/