[Soot-list] duplicate subgraphs in CFG

hsadat at gmail.com hsadat at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:25:50 EST 2008

Hi,

I was looking at the CFGs built in interactive mode using Soot Eclipse
plugin and noticed that there are some duplicate subgraphs;
specifically, the subgraph corresponding to "finally" block is
repeated, one for the path from the end of the catch block and the
other for the path from end of try block. Has anyone encountered this?
and is there an explanation behind it?

I tried to think of possible reasons for duplicating; because I know
in the analysis context, some of the nodes are created to make later
analysis/transformation easier (e.g. "nop" nodes).

So, any clues?

Thanks

--Hossein