[Soot-list] Line numbers in Grimp

Mario Mendez-Lojo mario at cs.unm.edu
Wed Dec 10 13:51:16 EST 2008

Hi,

I noticed that the line number information is lost when the bytecode output is
obtained via grimp, instead of via jimple. Is this a bug, or is this the
expected behavior given that the grimple transformation pipeline does not go
through the 'tag' phase? It would be really useful to keep the line numbers,
because in the presence of a runtime exception it's always easier to take a look
at the Grimp to see what's wrong with our transformation than to take a look at
the Jimple.

Thank you guys!