[Soot-list] Segmentation fault

Khilan Gudka khilan.gudka at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 11:32:17 EST 2008

Dear all,

I am using Soot + Paddle with the Buddy backend and have run into a problem.
I tried loading JGFSyncBench from the Java Grande Forum benchmark but it
causes the jvm to segfault. These are the options I am using:

java -Djava.library.path=/path/to/jedd/runtime/lib soot.Main -p cg
implicit-entry:false -p cg.paddle conf:ofcg,context:kcfa,k:2 -f J -w
section1.JGFSyncBench

I have tried this with both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Sun's jvm
1.6as well as IBM's jvm (version 6 also).

Interestingly, it doesn't segfault if I disable paddle, hence I thought it
might be the jni doing it. However, even if I turn bdds off, i.e. pass
bdd:false to paddle, it still segfaults.

Thanks,
Khilan