[Soot-list] Rebuilding the context sensitive call graph

Chris Pickett chris.pickett at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 31 19:53:33 EST 2008

Khilan Gudka wrote:
> Ok, so from what I understand, the call graph will record this fact by
> adding an edge from the specialinvoke statement to the corresponding
> target method that will be called (which it can determine statically as
> you said). So, even if it was dynamic dispatch, would it not still
> invoke the method I have duplicated? Although, does the jvm expect the
> method to also exist in all superclasses up to the reference type? Does
> the jvm perform such checks?

I think you are going to run into lots problems if you want to execute
these programs.  It is very much worth your time to make very simple
examples work and build on them until you handle all the complexity you
need to.  It is also worth your time to read the relevant bits of the
JVM Specification.  Renaming <init> is not really doable in my humble
opinion; like I said, you might want to try overloading it.  (You
shouldn't have to touch <clinit>.)

Chris