[Soot-list] Howto generate a CallGraph?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jul 16 09:32:02 EDT 2008

>         at
> soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.getImplicitTargets(OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.java:282)
>         at
This is a bug, I suppose, and it was reported by somebody else (?)
just a few days ago. We are all very busy here right now and I cannot
look into it at the moment. I asked somebody else but he might be busy
too. Sorry about that. We'll get back to you as soon as possible. In
the meantime please try the nightly build of Soto and see if you still
get that exception:

http://plg.uwaterloo.ca/~olhotak/build/sootclasses.jar

> I have also tried the following code, but:
>
> [cbq at localhost cg]$ java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xss128m  CgMain -w  CgMain
> wjtp
> Soot started on Wed Jul 16 16:53:18 CST 2008
> No main class given. Inferred 'CgMain' as main class.
> [Call Graph] For information on where the call graph may be incomplete, use
> the verbose option to the cg phase.
> Segment fault

As noted multiple times on this list a segfault is not our fault, it
indicates a bug in the JVM, most likely Sun's JVM. You can download
IBM's JVM here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group