[Soot-list] Any helper function in Soot can provide method overriding information?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Sat Jul 26 11:53:39 EDT 2008

Hi Fei.

I don't think there is such a method because overriding is usually
resolved in the frontend and therefore no such information explicitly
exists in Jimple. However you should be able to figure out that
information by yourself pretty easily. If I am not mistaken then a
method overrides another method only if it has the exact same
signature, in Java 5 modulo return types.

Eric

2008/7/25 Fei Yan <feiya200 at cs.uregina.ca>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to do a whole program analysis. Now I feel like I need a function
> that can return all methods that override a given method. Is there any
> existing helper function in Soot can do this? Or another analysis is needed
> to perform this task?
>
> Fei

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group