[Soot-list] Release class

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jul 30 10:56:28 EDT 2008

Hi Silviu.

This really depend on what exactly you are trying to do with Soot. If
you are doing a whole-program analysis then there is little hope;
otherwise there may be a chance. So I guess we need a little more
information about your plans in order to help you out. Also, how much
heap space do you give to the VM?

Eric

2008/7/30 Silviu ANDRICA <silviu.andrica at epfl.ch>:
> Hello all,
>   I am trying to analyze JBoss Application Server. This application has
> around 16,300 classes. The problem is that I load all of them at once and
> then proceed to analyze them. The analysis build Control Flow Graphs and
> some other big objects so, before I finish the whole application, I run out
> of memory, the GC quits. Is there a way I can "unload" unneeded JBoss
> classes? Or circumvent the need for loading library classes?
>
> Thank you,
>   Silviu

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group