[Soot-list] Re: Soot-list Digest, Vol 38, Issue 1

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Sun Jun 1 21:51:47 EDT 2008

Ok that should generally not be a problem. The only question is
whether or not you need to produce Java source code (i.e. .java files)
again afterwards. If it's ok to just produce runnable class files
(.class format) then the easiest way is to do both your control flow
analysis and the transformation of the code in the Jimple intermediate
representation. If not then things may be more involved. So do you
think that .class files would be fine for you?

Eric

2008/6/1 Yu Zhang <upupsky at gmail.com>:
> Hi Eric,
> Thanks for your timely reply.
>
> In the source code, there is one method,for example test(int x), is very
> important and it is invoked somewhere. I want to know where it will be
> surely invoked and the values of its parameters.(So I think I need to get
> its control flow and do data-flow analysis so I can know from where the
> method will be executed for sure)
>
> After that, I want to insert some statements to notify information like
> "From here, we can say the method test() will be surely execute and the
> value of parameter is XXX".
>
> So everytime we implement this program, it will give some information before
> the test(int) is executed.
>
> Thanks!

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group