[Soot-list] Timings

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 18 09:43:10 EDT 2008

Sure.

The main class for bookkeeping this information seems to be
soot.Timers. It holds a bunch of timers, e.g. one of them is set in
soot.jimple.toolkits.scalar.CopyPropagator.internalTransform(Body,
String, Map). Right now this mechanism is not very much extensible. It
depends on how much flexibility you need... if you only need to add
one timer this should be pretty easy but in the long term we should
maybe think about refactoring this feature entirely.

Eric

2008/6/18 Richard Warburton <richard.warburton at gmail.com>:
>> Right now I think it's up to each individual analysis to report timing
>> information when this flag is enabled. You are welcome to submit a
>> patch that improves on this.
>
> Could you point me to the implementation of such timing information
> reporting code from an existing analysis, so that I have a basis to
> start with.
>
>  Richard

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group