[Soot-list] Soot regression test-suites ?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 24 16:53:01 EDT 2008

Hi Bharathi, the answer is "yes and no".

We don't have a test suite for Soot as such. However, we do test Soot
extensively every night using the following method:

The AspectBench Compiler "abc" (www.aspectbench.org) uses Soot
extensively for its advice matching/weaving and code generation. abc
itself comes with an extensive test suite that exercises Soot quite a
bit (at least most stuff not related to whole-program analysis). The
abc maintainers run this test suite every night and we get notified if
something fails.

You should be able to check out abc's test suite using svn:
http://abc.comlab.ox.ac.uk/products/trunk/abc-with-tests

(see folder ajc-harness) You can run the Harness by invoking abc.testing.Main.

Eric

2008/6/24 Bharathi Seshadri <seshadri_bharathi at yahoo.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any test-cases or regression test-suites available for soot ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bharathi

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group