[Soot-list] DaCapo

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 4 11:39:47 EST 2008

Hi.

You can certainly use Soot with JDKs different from 1.3. It's true
that probably the best simulation of native methods exists for the 1.3
JDK, but Ondrej recently included simulations of the most important
native methods of the 1.4 JDK, too. You might want to grab the latest
SVN version of Soot for that.

Moreover not all analyses Soot uses require native method simulation.
It really depends on what you wanna do.

Eric

On 04/03/2008, Khilan Gudka <khilan.gudka at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm interesting in using the DaCapo benchmark suite with Soot. I understand
> that there is the xdeps package for use with Soot. However, the READEME says
> that it can only built using the 1.4 SDK, whereas I thought that Soot is
> designed to work with 1.3 (given that it can simulate natives for 1.3).
> Please could someone explain.
>
> Thanks,
> Khilan

Eric Bodden