[Soot-list] Jasmin outputs different class file versions

mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 18 01:33:26 EDT 2008

> At some point, everybody gets pointed at this document:
>
> http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> You'll probably find it a little bit offensive, so just ignore the
> somewhat caustic tone and take the advice inside to heart.

To be fair, when Chris was my TA, he pointed us all at this same document.
I found him to be caustic and offensive too.

> In particular, rather than using the English formulation that you think
> best describes your problem, try to describe your problem in terms of
> precise and accurate machine-level data

He even spoke in precise and accurate machine-level language, which was
fine in class.. but kind of a bummer when having conversation over a beer.

But I jest. I eventually took his advice to heart and it truly is
worthwhile to take a second and ponder it.

Cheers,

Michael